It’s difficult to imagine a scenario in which you have more on the line than when your car has run out of gas. You’re stranded, and that means you’ll need someone else to bring help. The trouble is that most people don’t know how to change a tire, let alone jack up their own vehicle and get it rolling again. This article will show you what steps are needed for changing a tire from removing the wheel from the axle using special tools, all the way through to putting everything back together at an affordable price.
1) Learn about safety precautions before starting: A flat tire can be dangerous if not handled properly, so make sure there are no objects around that could because injury should tire pressure suddenly release. Loosen lug nuts according to the car’s instruction manual. If there are wheel bolts rather than nuts, you can tighten them too if they have been previously lubricated with oil.
2) Find out which wheels need to be changed: If it is only one tires that needs changing, then this procedure will not take long, but if all four tires need fixing, you’ll have a much more arduous task on your hands. The first thing to do is find the problem tire and make sure that it really is flat.
3) Use the jack and raise the vehicle: You already know that one of the first things that need to be done in order to change a tire is to use the jack so make sure it is placed in such a way that will allow you to lift on it with ease. An easy way of doing this is by making sure the wheel rests squarely against something like a curb or even another vehicle if there’s no other option available.
4) Remove the flat tire: Special tools are usually needed for removing a flat tire from its axle, but they aren’t something you’d buy if you don’t need them very often. It is not advisable to remove a wheel without those special tools as accidents can occur if proper safety precautions aren’t followed carefully enough, so make sure you follow instruction manual closely instead of trying to figure out everything on your own.
5) Find a jack and place it under the axle: Make sure nothing is blocking the working of your jack so raise up with enough space between the ground and your car for at least an inch or two this should allow for sufficient playing room if you need to move around a bit once you’ve started removing your flat tire.
6) Remove the lug wrench from the tire’s wheel bolt: Before loosening any of these bolts, make sure they are lubricated so only then can you remove them with relative ease it will make future maintenance easier to handle. Make sure you turn the lug wrench clockwise in order to loosen the bolt’s grip remove them one at a time as this will make it easier to handle.
7) Loosen all the bolts completely before you remove the tire: Once all bolts are loosened, you can obliterate them and discard of them don’t rest them on your car or keep them around too long. Have a container where you can place these parts for future use in order to make sure they stay safe until it’s time for you to fix your car once again.
8) Remove the tire from its place on the axle: The first step is usually done using a levering mechanism but there are other ways to do this as well you just need to be persistent and make sure your tire moves in the direction you want it to go. Do not force things too much or else you might end up with a broken axle.
9) Put on your spare wheel: Once the flat tyre is out, all that’s left for you to do is to put the spare tire in its place make sure you lubricate it well first so that this process goes smoothly and quickly.
10) Tighten all bolts one by one: tighten these bolts just enough for them to be sturdy but not too much, for their grip on the wheel isn’t excessive. After completing this process, you can clean your wheel and the bolts using water and soap.
Finally, once you’ve completed this process, there’s not much left for you to do other than put on the lug wrench in its place so that it can keep the bolt from falling off because of poor lubrication or rough roads.
Jerry Martinez is a professional artist. He lives in California with his family. Throughout his life, he has always been captivated by images. Naturally, he was drawn to art. So he opted to take his Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts from Otis College of Art and Design. After completing his degree, He concentrated even more into his art practice. He is a father of three children, ranging in age from 3 to 12 years old. They love outdoors activities; biking, camping, walking and playing football. Jerry Martinez is a music lover and love to listen to metallic songs.