LED lights have been used for a number of years, but they weren’t a practical choice until recently. That’s because they cost more than fluorescent lights and fluorescent power replacements are still relatively cheap, despite the recent increase in energy costs. Now fluorescent tube replacement is more expensive than fluorescent bulbs, making fluorescent light fixtures and bulbs less and less economical.
The effects of light on body temperature, human performance and well being has been well documented. The intensity of the light emitted from fluorescent bulbs is about four times that of incandescent lamps or light emitting diodes (LED). On average, fluorescent lamps emit about 4 to 8 watts per LED or fluorescent tubes per foot. Fluorescent lights work by exciting mercury vapor in the tube which emits light.
Let’s examine fluorescent and LED lights:
- Fluorescent lights are the most common type of commercial lighting in use today. Excited mercury vapor produces the light that is emitted from the bulb and can create an unpleasant atmosphere for some applications like offices or homes.
- LED lights are newer technology than fluorescent or incandescent lighting. They are significantly more energy efficient and their lifespans are longer than those of other types of light bulbs. However, they also cost more to purchase initially.
- Fluorescent lights are more energy efficient and fluorescent bulbs last over 10 times longer than incandescent light bulbs.
- LEDs last 25 times longer than fluorescent bulbs and use 75% less energy. They also create a much better atmosphere for lighting rooms because of the spectrum of light they produce.
- LEDs are more expensive to purchase, but will last longer and save you money in the long run because of their energy efficiency.
- Fluorescent bulbs are more highly available and less expensive than led, but led is a lot better quality so overall led light would probably be better to use.
What should I choose from these two options?
Both of these lights are fine, but research has shown that led lights are more energy efficient and their lifespan is longer. However, leds also cost more initially. Fluorescent lights are the most common type of commercial lighting that’s used today and they emit harsh light, which may not be desired by people who prefer a softer ambiance in their home or office. Go to https://busybodytribune.com/fluorescent-light-vs-led/ web site for more details on about fluorescent light vs led.
Concerning leds and fluorescents, recommended leds are certainly a better choice. They last up to 5 times longer than fluorescents and they are less expensive to operate. Even though leds cost more up-front, the long lifespan of led bulbs makes them much cheaper overall. Fluorescent lights also create a harsh light, which may be unpleasant for office or home environments.
Fluorescent lights and LEDs both have their pros and cons, but this article has shown you some of the benefits of each. The cost of both lighting types is relatively similar, so this factor should not be a deciding one. You should also keep in mind that there are some devices using led lighting that will save you a lot of money on your electricity bill, like led light bar or led lights for homes. We hope this information will help you make an informed decision about your lighting needs in the future.
Jerry Martinez is a professional artist. He lives in California with his family. Throughout his life, he has always been captivated by images. Naturally, he was drawn to art. So he opted to take his Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts from Otis College of Art and Design. After completing his degree, He concentrated even more into his art practice. He is a father of three children, ranging in age from 3 to 12 years old. They love outdoors activities; biking, camping, walking and playing football. Jerry Martinez is a music lover and love to listen to metallic songs.