A meat grinder is something that is necessary for every household. In order to spread the meat on different food items, it is important to own a meat grinder. If you are a beginner and looking for the meat grinders to buy online, then reading the meat grinder buying guide at https://mykitchening.com website will help you get the best one. For many foods like sandwiches, burgers, and sausages, it is important to make the meat in chunks and ground form. The meat grinders help in making the meat in the best way possible to your family members at home.
Types of Meat Grinders available
Basically, there are two types of meat grinders called manual meat grinders and electric meat grinders.
- Manual meat grinder: If you are looking for a meat grinder to grinder the meat for lesser quantity, then you can buy manual meat grinder. These are built by means of a clamp by which it can be fixed to the table or countertop. It is provided with a grinding jar that can grind up to 3 pounds of meat per minute. The food to be grounded like chicken, pork, beef, vegetables, or any other items can be manually added to the grinder and a spiral auger inside it will help in grinding to minute particles when the spiral blades cut the meat.
- Electrical meat grinders: The electric meat grinders are technologically designed with complex parts. It has two to three blades that help in cutting down and grinding the meat. The blades are provided with different lengths that help in cutting the meat in a different texture. It is the most common type mentioned in meat grinder buying guide by top chefs as it makes the process very simple. It consumes less time and energy as the motor gets rotated which in turn rotates the sharp blades to easily break down the meat for different dishes.
Top things you need to look on meat grinders
The meat grinder buying guide will help you choose the best meat grinder for your kitchen. Following are the things you need to look at while buying the meat grinder.
• Size of the grinder: It is important to choose the size of the grinder depending on various requirements. The grinder size must depend on the number of people in your family for which you need to prepare the meat. There are different meat grinders in different sizes or quantities. The size is proportional to the grinder plates and the most common ones are size 5, 8, and 12. There are greater sizes like 22 and 32 which is good for larger quantities of meat.
• Price: The meat grinders on the pricy side can be of higher quality. The meat grinder blades are the most important component that makes the entire grinder to function better. There are expensive meat grinders and the grinders in the middle range. You can buy the ones above the middle range and below the expensive ones, as those grinders will have the high-quality blades. It is a kind of investment that can be done once and leave it undisturbed for years if chosen quality ones.
• Other parts: There are other parts of meat grinder which you should know in this meat grinder buying guide. The accessories like grinder plate, cutting blade, feeding tube, meat tray, and meat pusher are the components of a meat grinder. All these components when manufactured by a company in high-quality will help the grinder to function in the long run. All these parts can be checked thoroughly for the warranty before placing the order. If it gets faulty within the warranty period, then it can be replaced. Else, choose the ones which will be available for repurchase in order t avoid any issues.
• Things to know: Most meat grinders come with accessories like sausage making parts which will help in making the sausages at ease. These grinders which come with different accessories can be given priority while making the purchase. Similarly, the blades are made of stainless steel and the entire grinder is also available in metals like aluminum or stainless steel. The aluminum grinder is lightweight and hence they can be chosen. The most important thing is that the meat grinders are available in plastic but it is not advisable as they can get broken easily.
Usage and expected grinding rate
This meat grinder buying guide helps you buy the grinder depending on the amount of meat that can be ground in order to enhance the durability rate of the grinder. If you are living as a single person and just want a grinder for a short period of time then you can buy inexpensive meat grinders. Else, if you are looking for your family and the entire home, then it is best to invest the money on pricey meat grinders.
The larger meat grinders will be provided enough with better blades and meat pusher that can cut the meat more precisely. This is also due to the reasons that it has a larger feeding tube and power that helps in faster grinding compared to the smaller ones. The sizes 22 and 32 will help you grind the meat as larger chunks and you do not have to chop the meat before feeding into the feeder.
These are the important things to be noted while looking for meat grinders. This meat grinder buying guide might help you get an idea about how to buy and the parts that make up the entire unit. The most important thing to keep in mind is quality and price. The investment on a meat grinder can be done better so that it lasts longer without getting any repairs. Similarly, the quality should not be compromised so that you can get the best grinders that will help you save time and energy. You can also choose the energy efficient meat grinders that will help you get the meat ground easily with less power consumption.
Jerry Martinez is a professional artist. He lives in California with his family. Throughout his life, he has always been captivated by images. Naturally, he was drawn to art. So he opted to take his Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts from Otis College of Art and Design. After completing his degree, He concentrated even more into his art practice. He is a father of three children, ranging in age from 3 to 12 years old. They love outdoors activities; biking, camping, walking and playing football. Jerry Martinez is a music lover and love to listen to metallic songs.